Monday, February 2, 2009

Memories and moving on.....

Another night in Mystic.......

Tonight when I arrived at Clift Street, I was greeted by Debbie who was cleaning out the china cabinet with Sue, Chris and Dad supervising. This was one task that had to be done, and what was very cleansing for me was seeing many pieces of our family history being given to us - it was funny how we would see
a piece of our past and remember when it was used. When we came across the platter which was used on family holidays we decided that we would pass this back and forth to whoever hosted Thanksgiving, etc. Sue said that Pete would get a big kick out of using it at their place. I can't wait to have a holiday at my house again to be able to use the platter.

I had posted the other day about one of my favorite things about Mystic is the front doorway. Well I had taken a picture of the window on Saturday - tonight I took a picture after everything was taken down - it looked sad - but a
gain we move forward.
It just looks a bit bare - but again progress.

I think that we will all be glad when this chapter is over. I cannot even imagine how Dad and Chris will feel as they see changes being made in the house. I guess we will all have some different feelings with them being so close. It is my hope that while I know Dad, Chris and Droid will probably stay in Mystic that they find the perfect place again, just like Mom and Dad did 35 years ago.

It's late and time for me to get some shut eye - Peace everyone





No comments: